Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Jazz Club Revisited

This isn't part of any project, but rather just a small personal piece. More than anything, I'm doing it because I want some lighting and texturing practice in readiness of something else. I built this model of a New York-style jazz club a long time ago but left it in an unfinished state, and since it's a fine little model in it's own right, it's exactly what I needed. I just finished constructing the UVs of the main building but still have to lay them out in a tidy manner. Once that's out of the way, I can start the fun part of working on the textures. 

The image is slightly dim because of the lighting I was playing around with the last time I worked on it. Otherwise, the only major thing missing for the time being is the lower part of the building which I'll work on once I've done the main building, as these elements will require their own separate lighting and UV set anyway.


0 comments: