Thursday, 13 November 2014

Owl: A shot which no longer exists.

This is a shot which I've completely cut from the animation so I'm not too worried about showing it as I've replaced it with something which works a lot better. I cut this for a couple reasons. Firstly, the animation is a bit too glitchy for it to look convincing. If you look closely you can see the objects unintentionally jumping up and down and sometimes they move below the floor plain, cutting of the bottoms without the geometry reacting like it should. I couldn't fix this to any great extent either due the methods I've used to make the animation. Secondly, the framing is awful as a result of trying to hide the aforementioned glitches which are much more apparent on the front few objects. So while it feels like a bit of a waste to have animated it, rendered it all out, comped it and so on, it just wasn't doing a very good job and I felt it would detract from the quality I'm aiming for. To quote Damien: Omen II, 'The boy has got to die!'

2 comments:

tutorphil said...

To quote Damien: Omen II, 'The boy has got to die!'

Harsh - but fair! :)

Alan Postings said...

Interesting idea Tom, shame it didn't work out.