Monday, 23 June 2014

Owl: Editing Progress

Over the last month or so, I've been chipping away at the animatic using placeholder video to establish the editing structure. It's taken a while, but I think it's really benefited from a long gestation period, because I've been able to come at it with fresh eyes almost every time I return to it; a luxury rarely afforded with these sorts of things. I would say the main cuts are in the place, but it's a matter of figuring out how to fill the space with enough differing content so that it feels like the animation doesn't drag on or feel one-dimensional. The opening minute is much more refined now and is starting to feel complete as far as the editing goes. I'm trying to strike an interesting balance between it being a music video and a full on animated short since the whole animation is going to be about dramatic shifts and distortion. I'm sure you'd like to see a video, but at this point, the visuals in this edit are almost totally unrepresentative of what's going to be in the animation, so it's going to be a little while longer yet! 

0 comments: