Thursday, 15 May 2014

ACT Sculptures (Images Only)

CAA is doing another ACT project! This one is a lot more 3D-based and involves creating weird, organic sculptures from data gathered directly from a conductor's performance of Verdi's Requiem. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to render these out fully as turnarounds due to hardware limitations. However, I did manage to produce still renders of each of the sculptures, which were indeed fun to make. Sometimes, it's nice to let the software just do 'it's thing'.

Curve 1 - Requiem

Curve 2 - Dies Irae

Curve 3 - Offertorio

Curve 4 - Sanctus

Curve 5 - Agnus Dei

Curve 6 - Lux Aeterna
Curve 7 - Libera Me

2 comments:

tutorphil said...

Hey Tom,

Are you able to give your scene files to Ethan Shilling so he can render them out for you? I'd really like your set in the mix - I love the Agnus Dei one especially!

Tom Beg said...

I will see what I can do :)