Monday, 9 September 2013

New Blog Series 'Japanese Cinema'


My current focus has resulted in a bombardment of photography. Which is great when I have film processed and ready to show off, but also causes some downtime when I'm waiting for the postman or decent weather. To keep things varied and updated more frequently, I'm starting a new blog series. Which (for the time being) will come under an all encompassing title of Japanese cinema.  Japan's film industry is an influential strand of world cinema in it's own right, but now the eyes of the world are all firmly planted on Tokyo and the 2020 Olympic Games, it gains even more relevancy. Tokyo last hosted the Olympics in 1964 and it coincided with a number of dramatic cultural changes. None more apparent than in it's film industry which went through an impressive auteur-led 'new wave' phase at the same time. The Olympics and the cinema of Japan just seem to go hand-in-hand. Let's not forget about what happened in Akira either...

2 comments:

tutorphil said...

great! I'll shout out on the group blog under the CGAA Cinema label when you publish if you're happy with that?

Tom Beg said...

Be my guest!