Friday, 6 September 2013

Medium Format Photography: Hidden

Despite my early enthusiasm I've barely uploaded anything medium format related. My 645 camera has mostly been relegated to family snaps while I continue to use 35mm for my artier endeavours. It's taking me quite a while to get used to the various quirks. Such as dealing with the ignominy of losing a whole roll of images because I somehow managed to load the film wrong. Made more painful because getting the film scanned seems to cost so much more. Never again! Among various other niggling issues, I've also struggled with the standard 80mm lens. 80mm works great on  a 35mm camera because of the wider angle of view, but feels very limiting on a MF camera. Now I've got myself a handy new 55mm wide-angle, which I much prefer! More medium format to come!