Sunday, 5 August 2012

Final Projects: Projection Maps First Pass

About 50% there. The next step will be finding interesting ways to display and animate the Morse code messages and then a lot of refining to get the most out the animations.  I've attempted to make the 'base paint job' seem like the surface is always moving or at least has something to keep the overall pace strong and I've layered a texture on top to help break up the monotony of the flat colours.

I'm still undecided about some of the colour schemes, for example the main colour of the beacon is very similar to the prominent green in the structural map. Which brings the question whether I should unify the colour scheme or try to differentiate each section as much as possible. My personal preference is to have quite different looking sections but I'll have to test this out on the prep days.  One of the most satisfying things will be seeing these maps take shape within a 3D space and that's where I'll really be able to get a feel for what works and what doesn't. 




  

0 comments: