Friday, 16 March 2012

The Monkey's Paw: Visual Style part 1...

Ok - I don't have much time at the moment to go into a great amount detail, as I'm currently writing the first draft of my Research paper, however my goal is to constantly move this project on - even if in small amounts - in order to stop it from coming to halt completely. I'm not  ready to pinpoint exactly the visual style to be used but I have a rough idea about the general direction I want it to go, and that's heading towards a more the type of style which is typically associated with Eastern European animation. I think the animation has to have a certain touchability which my other animations perhaps so far haven't had, other than maybe The Garden of Earthly  Delights which wasn't aiming to be a narrative driven animation anyway.  The videos below are the type of visual style I'm leaning towards...

HOWEVER - I don't think me just saying 'Its going to be like Jiri Barta and Jan Svankmajer but with CG!' screams original or exciting anymore. The replication of that style of animation has become overly derivative over the years. I might as well just make an actual stop motion animation!...

It's got to be '75% Something Else + 25% Eastern Europe = The Monkey's Paw'. More soon...












0 comments: