Saturday, 10 March 2012

Global Illumination

For the future I'm looking to increase the overall complexity and quality of my Maya work, as right now my usual method of rendering and lighting is starting to look a little samey (to me anyway!) . Based on a pretty good tutorial, I set up a quick lighting rig which attempted to simulate the type of setup typically used by photographers. Afterwards Global Illumination and Final Gather were turned on and I experimented with those settings to give the final render some extra punch. The usual post effects have been applied too (Amb Occ and colour correction etc.)

2 comments:

tutorphil said...

I want to eat these...

Hey Tom - I'm cooking up a commission for you re. New Designers 2012 re. idents for students that emulate this kind of effect...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdn-EjeCkA4

So, you'd have the student's name, and that stroboscopic effect of the slits etc - nice and graphical and vintage, but cool. I'm in the process of trying to sort 5 HD 40" plasma screens for the show this year - gulp! See what you think!

Tom Beg said...

Sounds good!

I'll have a look into working out how to simulate a zoetrope effect...