Sunday, 18 December 2011

Mini-project: Fluid Practice 1

The results of the first tutorial I followed, mostly basic stuff that dealt with applying settings to the fluid emitter  which control the animation and then shading it to look like a realistic flame. From there I adjusted the shading settings to get a feel for some of the attributes which control how the fluid looks. Sadly there probably wont be any animation uploaded till I return to the University, Fluid effects need a lot power! Neither my PC or Laptop is truly powerful enough to receive instantaneous animation feedback when I adjust the dynamics settings so the process is quite time consuming. Though once the base animation is in place you're able to cache and work from there without having to recache the animation when you want adjust the texture - thank goodness!


0 comments: