Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Creative Practice: The strangely illuminated well...



We're in the Tunnels! It was a lot of fun to have a play around with some lighting equipment (provided by Astral Design in Chatham) having never done so before. At the back of the well there will be an atmospheric soundscape. Hopefully it will lure people in and reveal to them the empty hopes and dreams of the Little Match Girl...

Working around a 150 feet drop into the abyss is actually quite terrifying. At least for someone like me who gets a tad jelly-legged around heights. I'm hoping no one (me) falls down it tomorrow...

2 comments:

tutorphil said...

Hey Tom,

Hope it went well - this looks very Doctor Who to me - Lev must have been very excited. It was funny seeing you both in reception (you looked knackered) covered in dust from the tunnels. Sorry I couldn't be there. I would have been and wanted to, but UCA is a strict mistress at the moment. I look forward to seeing the director's cut of your installation on here soon!

Tom Beg said...

Me looking knackered was aided by rotten cold! But no worries, there will be more events I'm sure.