Thursday, 14 April 2011

Major Project: Rose animation

This was created via the power of paint effects. Other than some small tweaks, In terms of the unfolding of the rose itself, this is about as good as it's going to get, short of modelling, rigging and animating a rose myself. Which would be an extremely difficult task to complete in the short time I have left.



I think the shock of red should contrast nicely with the desaturated look of the rest. My next challenge with this is to work out how I can have the petals blow away in the wind.

3 comments:

tutorphil said...

Hey Tom - it's going to be very effective; it just needs to be very controlled and elegant and desaturated; BUT, if the colour is still unwelcome ultimately, I really don't think it's going to be much of a problem thematically. Part of me still thinks it needs to be b/w all the way - but let's see! The other thing these shots need is a very controlled glacial camera movement around the rose - just to give it additional life. You know all this, I know!

Keep going, Tom. It's going to be great.

tutorphil said...

also - be sure to get Alan on side when it comes to this more complex - time consuming stuff; let him help you 'hot key' some of these techniques.

tutorphil said...

and anyway, thematically, you might want to rethink the colour of Dorian's rose symbol anyway - see below

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1340/