Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Narrative: Finished Trailer Edit

Ok, first a bit of context. Cannibal Holocaust along with perhaps Salo is one of the most reviled films ever. The film was actually mistaken on release for a snuff film because of the realism of the extreme violence and gore. Ruggero Deodato even had to prove to the courts that the actors in the film were not actually killed. From a personal standpoint I consider the British Cut a great film. The uncut version is horrible. Mostly because the British version removes the real animal killings from the uncut version and let me tell you, they are pretty bloody disturbing, I think I'll regret it for the rest of my life. I guess if you thought Gordon Ramsey killing a Deer with one shot was pure evil then it's probably not a wise idea to watch this film.

With this trailer however I've removed all traces of Violence, Cannibalism and any notion of evil and made it more of an uplfiting documentary kind of thing. I appreciate the fact that a lot of the work is being done by the music but that's how it is done in a lot of other trailers so I'm no too bothered about that. If anything It proves just how easy it is to tug on the heartstrings and proves how cheap trailers really are.

Just a warning though, it does feature quite a bit of both Male and Female nudity but we're all grown up people and let's face it, it is an Italian Horror film after all. :)



Once again I might make some adjustments at a later date, depending on wether or not there's enough time.

0 comments: