Monday, 12 October 2009

Narrative Project: Titantic 2 thoughts

Matt’s idea was to mix Titanic with Castaway and then mix that together with Lost, it was actually a pretty good idea but I think we need to steer clear of throwing in too many pop culture references. I don’t think we’re going achieve Monty Python levels of brilliance but if one can be learnt from them is that their humor didn’t rely on spoofing popular culture. Part of the brief is to obviously spoof a film or something but I don’t think that means spoofing something else in order to spoof another thing. If that makes any sense. So the idea of Jack washing up on an island is definitely a good one but something else can be done with that idea without all the Lost references and Castaway references. I feel like I’m repeating myself but personally I think it should be emphasized.

0 comments: