Wednesday, 16 September 2009

Xtro



Been awhile since I did one of these. Atrocious acting and editing aside Xtro has some freaky moments, like the bit where the women gives birth to a full grown man that was...erm good and the bit where the boy is all covered in blood that was ok. Some of the make-up and special effects are pretty neat and the soundtrack is all synthy and weird. If it wasn't so bloody shoddy and cheap it could of been great as it has a bunch of neat ideas and imagery. Dare I say a remake would suit it quite well.

1 comments:

tutorphil said...

yep - it still has that cheap nastiness to it - a little of what the original Hellraiser had; they sequelised Xtro and went the Aliens route, and so knocked out all the horror motifs - I watched this at my Dad's place when I was much too young; the memory of it sort of skulks in my brain... personally, I blame then parents...