Thursday, 27 August 2009

Ticks



Oh boy was this a stinker but in truth I didn't expect anything less. To be fair, I've endured worse and it has some enjoyable bloodshed and dismembermant later on in the film but boy is it a chore getting that far. I had to watch it in two parts because I fell asleep the first time, no joke.

It was pretty much ruined for me in the first few minutes when it was revealed that the tough streetwise kid is Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air, that threw me off somewhat. Obviously trying to show off some of his versatility as an actor. It also has this anti-drug message thing going on which is slightly odd.

2 comments:

tutorphil said...

oh dear... well, it was a looooong time ago when I watched it - you are to be admired for your dedication to crappy movies - one gold star!

Tom Beg said...

I do feel bad about lumping Mike Leigh and Shohei Imamura films together with crap like I Spit On Your Grave, Ilsa, Ticks, Cannibal Holocaust and Wild Zero...

Got some good'uns coming soon though, Zombie Flesh Eaters, Foxy Brown and Flesh For Frankenstein which I hope is as filthy as the other Andy Warhol produced films I've seen.