Tuesday, 11 August 2009

New Summer Project

We all need some Political Incorrectness in our lives, I myself have decided to go a binge before college starts again by renting a whole bunch of nasty horrors, thrillers and exploitation films. This should be put me in a suitably good frame of mind for the start of the new year. What better way to get the creative juices flowing I say.

Generally I'm going for the ones from a certain era but Ive lobbed in some modern, Japanese and a couple random ones for some variety while avoiding ones that don't particuarly seem interesting to me like the Lesbian Vampire subgenre and fake snuff films.

Here's what should be coming my way in the next few weeks.

Cannibal Holocaust
Coffy
Das Experiment
Electra Glide in Blue
Faster Pussycat Kill...Kill
Foxy Brown
Intruder
Irreversible
Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS
Naked
Salo 120 Days of the Sodom
Sweet Sweetbacks Baadasssss Song
The Beyond
The Crazies
The Evil Dead
The Witch Who Came From The Sea
Vanishing Point
Vengeance is Mine
Wild Zero
Zombie Flesh Eaters

Always happy for recommendations, I'm sure there's a lot I'm missing, unfortunately a lot remain unavailable (Pink Flamingos, The Shout, Deathline for example *grumble grumble*) I will also be updating on here my thoughts as I watch them.

1 comments:

tutorphil said...

I like your style...

a few more then, though there is some nostalgia at work here too;

I Spit On Your Grave (not good, but infamous as part of Thatchers 84 Video Nasty scare)
Bad Lieutenant Dir. Abel Ferra (he of Driller Killer fame)
Xtro (an English Alien Rip-Off, but with added surrealism and some genuine chills) - on a related note, Inseminoid
The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (True!)
Demons 1/2 (Dir. Lamberto Bava)
Suspiria - Dir. Dario Argento

Oh yeah - great giant tick movie called Ticks, or I think retitled as Infested; I remember it being very icky when I saw it on VHS years back...

as for Salo - it's one of the very few movies that made me retch; not with the violence or with the sex, but with the coprophagia (simulated let's hope, though with Pasolini, one can never be too sure...) Good luck with that and I genuinely look forward to your reviews; without intruding too much on this informal space, it would be good to cross-reference your thoughts with some reviews of others; upload the supporting/opposing view; go on, make an old academic happy... :-)

As I think of other reprehensible films, I'll suggest them - oh, I've just thought you should check out Cronenberg's Shivers, Rabid and The Brood - body horror, 1970's style...