Monday, 31 August 2009

Flesh For Frankenstein




This is bad but a lot of fun, it had me laughing numerous times throughout. The story is about a rogue Baron who creates two 'perfect' humans so he can breed a master race. His wife who also happens to be his sister has a relationship with one of the castle farm hands. After a drunken night in a brothel his best friend is then decapitated by the Baron who uses the head for part of his 'Zombie' as he calls it. Basically there's a lot of gore, fountains blood and lots of nudity, exactly what I like and what I want from a bad film.

It's pretty much carried by the ham-fisted performance of Udo Kier who plays the Baron. It also featues one of the best lines ever and also a bit of poignant advice.'To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life... in the gall bladder!' This is of course after the Baron has literally performed such an act.

2 comments:

tutorphil said...

a motto for life... ish

I obviously can't read a calendar... your first day is Mon 21st, and the essay assignment begins on wednesday, 23rd - not 26th as first suggested... apologies (don't kill me)

Tom Beg said...

Thanks for the confirmation, one week too much though. I guess you UCA lecturers have to fit in that extra weeks holiday to Tuscany somehow.

I saw Inglourious Basterds today. I'm disappointed, could of been so great *sob*. I'll write something about it later...