Thursday, 7 May 2009

Virtual Anatomy: Shot Composition

I didn’t produce a typical pre-viz for the presentation which I think is going to come back and bite me in the ass. And my storyboards for this opening scene are a little bit vague (I mean you got to leave some room for some film magic). So to combat this problem Ive quickly placed the very raw elements of my scene together to try some shot composition. In terms of the final thing, I am going to reduce the size of the area so that the lungs will be in fairly close proximity which will give them extra emphasis. The same art direction will still be applied. In these shots I have tried to give them dominant demeanour. Which means placing the camera quite low to the floor and slightly off centre but this might only work for static images. It won’t exactly be a ‘Fantastic Voyage’ if it’s a bunch of static camera shots. I do think however that even with these basic elements the world as an ‘environment’ could come together really well once everything has been textured, modelled correctly and some lights have added to the scene.

0 comments: