Monday, 13 April 2009

Virtual Anatomy: Yves Tanguy and Kay Sage

To be honest I'm in a bit of a rut right now, Ive been procrastinating too much and not really putting anything down which is frustrasting and annoying. So what I know is I'm thinking of leaning towards a more retro perhaps somewhat suurealist look rather than a realistic look because I personally feel that I can make something a lot more visually appealing.

So these paintings are by Yves TanguyI don't know too much about his sort of conceptual process behind his paintings but from a straight up visual stand-point I really like his paintings, big empty surreal wilderness, reading about him Ive found out that he was influenced by De Chrico which makes a lot of sense.



Kay Sage was his wife and another surrealist artist, I think her sense of space and physicality in her work is amazing, once again it's all very very De Chirico.



Could the ghostly spectre of Giorgio De Chirico come back to haunt one of my projects again?

Also any other artists suggestions anyone?

0 comments: