Thursday, 23 April 2009

Virtual Anatomy: Storyboard workings out.

Here are me really really rough workings out for the storyboard (a couple parts are missing particuarly the last half, sorry). It's probably very hard to tell whats going on these things thanks to my ludicrously bad hand-writing and terrible doodling skills ,luckily I can understand it. Basically I have detailed what I want in each shot, what the camera is going to do and what the things on screen are going to do. All that jazz y'know . Picking camera shots etc is a lot harder to do than you think, I actually think I have too many camera movements but It will be hard to tell till the pre-viz is done.



In short this is how it plays out.

1. Starts of fairly peacefully. Shows the world without any trouble afoot.
2. Virus appears. It becomes like this big battle as the virus quickly spreads towards the lungs and the immune systems starts to act.
3. The virus eventually makes it into the lungs, this is last we see of the world as we have known it to be.
4. We have a fly through of the landscape. Things have changed drastically. Eventually we fly through into the lungs where the virus has completely taken over.
5. Things go a bit 2001 and the lungs are eventually destroyed. The End.

Of course I am having a bit of poetic and dramatic license but I don't think it matters too much. For example a flu virus can hang around for days, a single flu virus can make thousands of copies of itself, there are also millions of alveoli in the lungs. Sure I can do that but my animation can only last a few a minutes and I only have a few weeks to make it. I need to take some liberties, otherwise it's gonna be rubbish. After all my respiratory is represented by this big surreal wilderness basically my animation shows the key stuff needed in order to convey the fact that this disease is BAD (The virus attaching to host cells, to virus spreading into the lungs etc) which is what I want. So now that I know what I want in terms of camera movements, it's not going to take long at all to do my final storyboards. Should give me enough time to have some pre-viz's of key sequences and some new concepts done by early next week.

0 comments: