Wednesday, 15 April 2009

Virtual Anatomy: Story Structure

So here's what the general gist of the story is.

Beginning: The entering of the Flu virus into Respiratory system. Introduces us to the main character and the environment. The main character being the Flu virus.

Middle: The Virus settles and begins to spread throughout the respiratory system. Antibodies attempt to fight off the virus but it spreads too quickly. The Virus moves quickly and enters the lungs.

End: The End is the inevitable destruction of Host.

So this all makes sense, one problem I have is that in real life this a process that could take days or at the very least hours. Somehow I need to compress this entire process into a few minutes. Something I don't want is messages that come up, that says TWO DAYS LATER etc. So this is something I'm going to have to think about. I'm sure can find a novel way using visuals to show passing of time/destruction, so yeah, gonna have to come up with something. I should try to find some films/games/animation that have had this same problem.

0 comments: