Thursday, 23 April 2009

Virtual Anatomy: Concept Art Step 5

I'm having a slight brain malfunction here,this always happens. So I think I need to take a step back and sort of assess the situation a little. it's looking OK. Ive managed to get it back on track somewhat by reducing the contrast and saturation on the sky. Ive also the split the colours of the rock thingeys which has given them some zazz. The lungs still look pretty lame gotta sort them out. My weak point tends to ne finishing off the painting which may not be so obvious from a distance but it's so obvious to me. Unfortunatly I don't have any line drawings to fall back on like I did with the others, so I have to find another way out of this situation.

1 comments:

tutorphil said...

Tom, at risk of overstaying my welcome, I'm finding your incremental updates very affirmative; okay, so you're struggling to nail your world, but I'm loving the struggle; more critically, your original sketch for this environment had lots of great qualities - but also, consider your lighting; think more theatrically in terms of lighting; to bring those lungs to life, I think you need to think about transparency and diaphanousness; and use highlights in a more expressive sense; pick out contours, rims, ridges etc with some light-sources to knock out some of that two-dimensionality...